Our mission is to enrich, educate, and inspire our community by providing unique and welcoming physical and virtual environments in which open thought, innovation, and the sharing of ideas are encouraged.
To support the changing needs of Bossier Parish by being a safe and inviting haven for all, fostering education and literacy, encouraging personal growth, inspiring curiosity, and building connections that strengthen our community.
After a series of community town hall meetings where we received feedback directly from our community members and library staff, our library administration and board of control worked together to create this community-focused Strategic Plan for 2021-2025.
Our Goals Are To:
Enrich Our Community
- Form alliances with other social agencies
- Extend community focus
- Address social issues
Educate Our Community
- Form alliances with educational agencies
- Continue and expand literacy initiatives
- Facilitate conversations on civic and social issues
Inspire Our Community
- Foster creativity by offering innovative spaces and technology
- Spark curiosity, build connections, and strengthen community
- Advance collection of diverse and inclusive materials
How Will We Accomplish These Goals?
- Seek out financial opportunities to enhance user experience
- Create new policies and procedures to promote Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Revise existing policies and procedures to remove barriers to access
- Maintain a diverse and inclusive collection
- Offer diverse and inclusive programs
- Continue to re-evaluate community needs
- Utilize staff to support community initiatives
How Will We Know If These Goals Have Been Accomplished?
- All citizens feel safe and welcome
- Social unity
- Resources widely available to those in need
We recognize the library cannot accomplish any of this alone and it will take collaboration between all members of the community to achieve the goals set forth in this plan.