Skip to main content
Reopening & Hours of Operation
- Are you open? / What are your hours?
All library locations open to the public. Library staff are available to answer phones Monday-Saturday, beginning at 9am. Buildings are open and curbside pickup service is available at all locations Monday-Thursday, 10am-8pm, Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm, and 10am-5pm on Saturday. (Note: Our Plain Dealing & Tooke Branches are closed on Saturdays)
- Am I required to wear a face-covering to visit the library? No. Effective May 26, 2021 Governor Edwards' statewide mandate requiring face coverings in public buildings was lifted. If you feel more comfortable wearing a face-covering, you are welcome to do so. You may even see some staff still wearing them, but they are not required in our buildings. We are happy to serve you at curbside if you are more comfortable with those accommodations.
Curbside Pickup & Other Services
- How does curbside pickup work?
- Use the My Account feature to place a hold on an item; OR call any of our locations.
- Receive notification that your hold is available for pickup.
- Drive to the location you chose as your pickup location and call to let us know you're here.
- We bring your item out to you for contact-free delivery.
- How do I place a hold?
View this handy step-by-step guide to placing a hold; it's as easy as 1-2-3. You can also call any of our locations and staff will be happy to help you.
- How will I be notified when my item/hold is available for pickup?
We offer telephone, email, or text notifications. If you don't know what notification method you have set on your account or want to change to a different method, you can call us or email us.
- When will my item/hold be available?
If the item is on our shelves, in most cases it will be available within 2 days (Monday-Friday). However, if the item is checked out by another library user, it is dependant on when they return the item and/or if there is a waiting list. You can view your place in the holds queue by logging in to your account.
- How long will you hold my item/hold for pickup?
Items/Holds will be held for a period of 3 days before being made available for the next person in the queue.
- How many items can I get with curbside pickup?
You can get up to 10 items per visit, per library card (i.e. if you have a card and your child has a card you can each get up to 10 items).
- What types of library materials can I get from curbside pickup?
You can use curbside pickup to checkout any library material except laptops, hotspots, and tablets. These items can be checked out in-person inside though.
- Can I return currently checked out items?
Yes! Our bookdrops are open and you can also return items when you arrive to pick up your holds for curbside.
- Can I print/copy/fax/scan?
Yes! Printing, copying, faxing, and scanning services are available in-house.
- Are my items safe to handle?
Yes! The CDC has updated its surface cleaning guidelines and noted that the risk of contracting the virus from touching a contaminated surface was less than 1 in 10,000.
- Can I pay my fee?
Yes! We are accepting cash or checks for fees associated with your account.
- Are study rooms available?
Yes! Our study rooms are available by appointment. Ask library staff for more info!
- Are meeting rooms available?
Yes! You can reserve a meeting room for public use. If you know which branch you'd like to use, you can reserve by specific location. If you are flexible on location but not date/time, you can select by date/time and see which rooms are available.
Library Cards & PIN
- How do I renew my library card?
You can submit a request to renew your library card and we'll be happy to do that. You can also visit any of our locations and we'll be happy to assist you.
- I can't find my library card, can I get a replacement?
If you need a replacement library card, visit any of our locations and we'll be happy to issue a replacement card at no cost.
- How do I get a library card?
Visit any of our locations and we'll be happy to assist you. You can also submit an application for a library e-card.
- How do I get my PIN?
You can email us with your name and library card number and we'll be happy to reset your PIN for you. Or you can call us!
- If I received an e-card, can I use curbside pickup?
Unfortunately, no. Library e-cards are valid for digital access only. If you received an e-card you can visit your home location and get your physical library card. Staff will convert it to a full access card and you will be able to use curbside services at that time.
Technology & WiFi Access
- Is computer access available?
Yes. Computer use is limited to 1 hour. Appointments are available if you need longer.
- Is WiFi available?
Yes. WiFi broadcasts 24/7 at all of our library locations.
- Does WiFi reach the parking lot?
It depends. As of May 7th, WiFi at the Benton Library covers the entire parking lot. At all other locations, it's best to park near the building as this yields the best results. Soon, coverage will be expanded for the parking lot at the Plain Dealing Branch and for the rear parking lot at the East 80 Branch.
- How do I access WiFi?
From your Internet-enabled device, browse available wireless networks to find and connect to BPL_Guest. You will be prompted to enter the following security password/key: By3Co5o@nA
- Do I need antivirus installed on my device to access WiFi?
With the rise in cybercrimes, as a best practice, one should always strive to protect their Internet-enabled devices as there are a host of free antivirus and malware tools on the market. For example, our Wi-Fi system scans Windows-based devices at the first use of any web browser. If no protection is found, the user is redirected to page for downloading and installing the free version of Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Can I send items to be printed from home?
Yes. Here's how!