How Do I...
Looking for an item we don't have on our shelves? Contact your local BPL branch and we can create your account for Loan Shark, our InterLibrary Loan database. After setting up your account, you should be able to search for and request materials from other parishes and even other states.
You can place a hold on items that are currently on order, checked out, or located at a different branch. This can be done through My Account or you can simply call or come in to the library and they can help you place holds at the help desk.
Getting Started with Mobile Printing
With our new MobilePrint Service™, you can use your personal computer or mobile device to print to the library’s printers from anywhere. Simply submit documents for printing using your email address, then come to the library to release and pick up your document. Remote prints can only be sent during the hours for which this location is open and must be printed within 2 hours of submission. Feel free to contact the branch prior to your arrival to ensure that your print job(s) are waiting in queue, to be printed upon your arrival.
- Click on My Account in the main menu.
- Click on the appropriate link to logged into your myBPL account.
- Enter your 14-digit Patron ID number located on the back of your library card.
- Enter your PIN (if you don't remember your PIN, a good starting point is to try the last four digits of your phone number or the last four digits of your Patron ID number; you can change your PIN to any four digit code you'd like at any time).
- Once you are logged in, from the menu on the left, click on Current Loans, which will display all of library items associat
In keeping with its vision to be Bossier Parish’s leading source of information and learning to enable the community to imagine, explore, and discover the world, the library provides meeting rooms at no charge for public meetings of a civic, cultural or educational nature, when not needed for library purposes. These rooms may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions of all kinds. The library makes these rooms available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation.