Bossier Night Market Returns
by Andrea Gilmer, Community Engagement
It’s that time again: the Bossier Holiday Night Market has come to town! Come join us, along with over 200 vendors to enjoy the festivities. Over 100,000 lights will be sparkling and live bands will be playing. To make it even better, admission and parking are free! Listen to the live music, partake of the tasty food trucks, and wander through the vendors’ booths to see what they have to sell.
Where will you find this unforgettable event? It’s conveniently held in the Pierre-Bossier Mall’s south parking lot which faces I-20. Held on Friday & Saturday, December 15th & 16th from 5:00-9:00p.m., you can bring the whole family! Find unique gifts for friends and family in the form of handmade soaps and candles, décor, wood crafts, paintings, jewelry, and more.
We love participating in this experience and are already preparing to be there with bells on, providing our Library to Go (including holiday books for all ages, or cook books for that last-minute dish idea, we can even get you set up with a new library card or replace your old one); we’ll have information about services we have to offer (just in case you need something that we didn’t bring with us); plus we will be making a craft to add to the family fun!
For more information about the Night Market please visit: www.bossiernightmarket.com. We hope to see you there!
Building a Better Bossier!
Make a note:
All Bossier Library Locations will be closed Sunday – Tuesday, December 24th – 26th for the Holiday Season.
Happenings at the Branches:
Aulds Branch 742-2337
Thur., Dec. 7 @ 10:00a.m., all ages – Youth and Yoga
Sat., Dec. 9 @ 1:00p.m., adults – Social Security Workshop
Benton Branch 965-2751
Fri., Dec. 8 @ 10:00a.m., ages 0-2 – Baby Lap Time
Fri., Dec. 8 @ 3:30p.m., ages 13-17 – Teen Activity
Bossier Central Branch 746-1693
Tues., Dec. 12 @ 4:00p.m., ages 13-17 – Teen Program
Wed., Dec. 13 @ 10:00a.m., ages 0-5 – Children’s Story Time
East 80 Branch 949-2665
Thur., Dec. 7 @ 3:30p.m., ages 6-12 – After-School Story Time
Fri., Dec. 8 @ 3:30p.m., ages 13-18 – Teen Game Day
Haughton Branch 949-0196
Fri., Dec. 8 @ 10:00a.m., ages 0-2 – Lapsit Story Time
Mon., Dec. 11 @ 10:00a.m., ages 18+ - Bingo!
Plain Dealing Branch 326-4233
Mon.-Sat., Dec. 11-23, times vary, all ages – 12 Days of Christmas
Tooke Branch 987-3915
Thur., Dec. 7 @ 10:00a.m., ages 0-5 – Story Time
Sat., Dec. 9 @ 1:00p.m., all ages – Family Movie Day
- Atomic Blonde starring Charlize Theron (DVD)
- Birth of the Dragon starring Billy Magnussen (DVD)
- Building Route 66 (Engineering Marvels) by Kelly Doudna (Children’s NF, Book)
- Cowboy’s Legacy: Cowboy’s Reckoning (The Montana Cahill’s series) by B.J. Daniels (Fiction, Book)
- The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (YA Fiction, Book & eBook)
- The Fall: series 3 starring Gillian Anderson (DVD)
- Fast Food Genocide: how processed food is killing us and what we can do about it by Joel Fuhrman (Non-fiction, Book & eBook)
- Full Bodied Murder by Christine E. Blum (Fiction, Book & eBook)
- Guardians of Secrets (Library Jumpers series) by Brenda Drake (YA Fiction, Book)
- Handbok of Essentials that Every High-Schooler Needs to Know: about finance and much more! By Sunjay Letchuman (YA Non-Fiction, Book)
- Malice of Crows (The Shadows series) by Lila Bowen (Fiction, Book)
- To Marry a Texas Outlaw (Men of Legend series) by Linda Broday (Fiction, Book)
- Our Year of War: two brothers, Vietnam, and a nation divided by Daniel P. Bolger (Non-Fiction, Book)
- The Whispering Room: a Jane Hawk novel by Dean Koontz (Fiction, Book, Audiobook, & eBook)